At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work.
Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise
reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that
solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment
where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and
looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll
work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology
and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines,
we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about
aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe
for generations to come. Role Summary:
As Engine Certification Technical Editor you will be responsible for producing technically precise, error-free, professionally published test plans, reports and manuals for the new Advanced Turboprop Engine (ATP) commercial certification. You will work directly with a multinational team of GE design and test engineers to present their ideas clearly and concisely for compliance with US and EU regulations. You will be evaluated by first time yield (government acceptance) of your work. Essential Responsibilities:
This assignment will cover a wide array of engineering disciplines: thermodynamics, materials science, mechanical engineering, turbine performance, fluid dynamics, software logic, systems integration, etc.
The position is open within the ATP Certification & Test team located at GE Aviation Czech in Prague. In your role you will:
• Facilitate the organized, unambiguous presentation of complex technical information.
• Refine compelling, case-making arguments presented alongside objective, empirical results.
• Audit the work of others as the chief publishing editor in the Engine Certification and Test Office.
• Identify content gaps and overlap, and ensure logical flow in the engineering “storyline.”
• Write for conciseness and brevity.
• Lead program standardization initiatives, including developing and maintaining the relevant templates.
• Track quality metrics of products received by you and as delivered to the government.
• Host multilateral reviews between engineering specialists and peer reviewers. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited college (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
• Native-level spoken and written English
• Strong written communication skills
• Expert fluency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Broad-based general engineering fluency Desired Characteristics:
• Experience with turbine engines, turboprop systems and engine components
• Technical writing certification
• Expert certification in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with requirements and/or legal writing Locations:
Czech Republic; Prague