Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Czech Republic ; Prague
About Us: At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
Role Summary: The Engineering Program Leader for New Product Introduction (NPI) for GEAC (GE Aviation Czech) provides aircraft engine systems and design integration leadership across engineering and other functions for an engineering development program, and reports to head of Engineering department. The position is responsible for integration of engineering design activities associated with product development, manufacturing and certification for the assigned programs.
Essential Responsibilities: · Provides technical & program leadership for all engineering activities for assigned programs,
· Lead project or projects using simplified New Product Introduction (NPI) process for the turboprop market,
· Negotiates, defines & flows down technical requirements,
· Defines program plans - resources, cost and schedule - for assigned programs,
· Ensures overall technical integration of design activities meets technical and regulatory requirements,
· Ensures appropriate technical and program reviews are conducted for assigned programs,
· Manages risk to ensure assigned programs meet schedule and cost objectives,
· Ensures clear communication of status and issues within GEAC and other GE teams.
Qualifications/Requirements: · Master's degree in Science or Engineering (or equivalent in knowledge/experience),
· Strong experience in mechanical design or analysis of gas turbine engines or components/control systems,
· Technical experience in more than one area of gas turbine design and/or analysis,
· Engineering project management experience with responsibility for outcome, cost and schedule,
· Experience supporting NPI engineering programs.
· Fluent communication in English.
Desired Characteristics: · Ability to lead multi-functional and multi-cultural teams,
· Experience in certification under EASA Part 21 or FAA requirements,
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.