Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: As a Modernization Developer you will be responsible for creating webservices exposing our legacy system’s business logic for the new modernized web frontend. You will also develop web frontend, write and review technical design documents & specifications. You participate in the implementation of new technologies required to provide effective development and operation – implementing unit testing, automated testing etc.
Essential Responsibilities: As Modernization Developer you will:
• Doing development in .Net with a group of various internal and contractor developers (both onsite and offshore)
• Write technical designs (system, component, class, database, etc.) focusing on quality, simplification and re-usability and performance.
• Identify and resolve technical challenges and issues, escalate in necessary.
• Deliver hands-on designs, prototypes or proof of concepts as needed.
• Create automated tests for Factorlink.
The successful candidate will possess:
• BSC in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Hands on application development experience in .Net C# technologies
• Experience in web architecture and developing highly available applications.
• Experience with data modeling and design in relational databases.
• Experience in systems analysis and design in system environments.
• Experience in application reengineering.
• Experience building solution under a service-oriented architecture (SOA).
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Proven strong written and spoken communication skills.
Qualifications/Requirements: We are searching for an individual with practise in C# development combining SOA and web based application standards.
The role requires a change-oriented individual who actively generates process and technical improvements, drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and will be a clear and succinct communicator; and who will anticipate obstacles and develops plans to resolve them.
Desired Characteristics: • Domain knowledge of either accounting and/or financial applications.
• Expert in .Net technologies, HTML/CSS/Ajax, Web Services, and SOA.
• Willingness to learn about BPM, Rules Engines, ESB, Angular technologies.
• Understands Oracle (or other RDBMS) database and experienced in using relational database tools, and good understanding of SQL.
• Preferably experience with Business process management, automation, improvement, and re-engineering.
• Preferably experience in Agile software development methodology.
• Preferably experience working with offshore development resources.
• Preferably experience designing applications for a global user base.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a combination of Financial Accounting and a computer engineering/technical background.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.