Location(s): China ; ShangHai, BeiJing; Shanghai, Beijing
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: As an Analytics Engineer, you will implement and develop Monitoring & Diagnostics (M&D) analytics for digital solutions of internal and external customers. You will own the technical solutions needed for M&D analytics identification, tag mapping, validation to enable Predix software and analytics deployment for APM customers, particularly China. You will be part of cross functional teams working together to deliver successful outcomes.
Essential Responsibilities: • Identify the M&D analytics applicable for customized digital solutions of different turbine frames.
• Work with GE regional cross-function teams to develop M&D analytics solutions for condition monitoring of assets.
• Lead the implementation of M&D analytics for digital condition monitoring solutions of GE heavy duty gas turbines, steam turbine, as well as combined cycle power plants.
• Develop and validate M&D analytics for digital condition monitoring solutions of other OEM assets in coal and nuclear plants
• Develop and validate analytics applications that integrate with larger, enterprise scale software platforms like predix and industrial internet technologies.
• Conduct high quality empirical research using a variety of data-mining, signal processing and engineering techniques to gain insight into our installed base of power plants and drive the development of high-value differentiated services.
• Own and maintain high quality algorithms and predictive models used to monitor various equipment in near real-time, detect/diagnose anomalies and identify opportunities for optimizing the performance of GE turbines or other OEM assets while minimizing life cycle risks and costs.
• Work with GE Monitoring & Diagnostics teams, Product Services, Reliability Engineering and Thermal Performance engineering teams in identifying opportunities for developing data-based M&D solutions for condition monitoring, prognostics and asset optimization of GE turbines or other OEM assets
• Develop detailed technical approaches, engineering & software specifications to translate customer requirements into real-time algorithms & rules
Qualifications/Requirements: • Master's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience with experience in the energy or aerospace applications (e.g. Gas Turbines)
• Strong data analytic skills and modeling experiences are mandatory
• Fluent English skills (oral & written) are needed
Desired Characteristics: • Solid knowledge of data analysis and multivariate statistics are mandatory
• Experience with time series analysis, data mining, machine learning or other modeling techniques
• Strong background in anomaly detection, diagnostics and prognostics techniques (theory and computational implementation)
• Knowledge of Monitoring & Diagnostics applications
• Knowledge of combined cycle power generation equipment
• Knowledge of Matlab and at least one other programming language / tools like R, JMP, Python or SQL
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a wide variety of organizations and individuals in global locations
• Hands-on experience with SQL data bases such as My SQL, PostgreSQL, noSQL and understand contemporary database technologies for big data applications
• Experience with Big Data / Hadoop / Spark / Hive / NoSQL Database / Data Warehousing is a big plus
• Knowledge of coal or nuclear plant equipment is a big plus
• Experience with software development & systems engineering is a plus
Locations: China ; ShangHai, BeiJing; Shanghai, Beijing
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.