Lead Engineer, Customer Application Engineering
- GE Power
- Posted 1/23/2017 8:04:45 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Water & Distributed Power
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai;Beijing;Guangzhou;
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Provide applications support to China sales and service personnel in the area of Waste water treatment.
• Travel to customer sites to participate in sales presentations, conduct waste water system & process audits, program selection, Jar test supporting and evaluate impact of influent variation, performance of effluent, and troubleshoot in different waste water units like settling, anaerobic and /or aerobic application.
• Identify process treatment optimization opportunities by fine-tuning operating parameters through the implementation of GEW&PT solution to maximize ROI/ROE to the customers and profitability to GEW&PT.
• Interface with commercial team representatives and customers to design and recommend chemical treatment solutions based on technical and economic considerations.
• Participate in RFQ responses and assist in developing strategies to retain clients, as well as open doors in target accounts.
• Gate-keeping the KPIs commitment in the workflow WW process of contract approval
• Articulate the differentiable aspects of GEW&PT chemical treatment programs vs. the competition to our commercial team and customers. This includes making technical presentations at various meetings and creating technical content for marketing literature.
• Reinforce our industry leadership position by participating in relevant trade association meetings and authoring technical papers for publication in trade journals and technical conferences.
• Develop internal documents and tools such as best practices, product Q&A’s, technical procedures, reference manual sections, training material and computer based calculation tools in support of product line technology.
• Coordinate and conduct field evaluations of new products.
• Interface with Global Research, Marketing, and Product Management to provide input on market needs, pricing, competitive trends, and new products.
• Conduct training sessions for sales representatives and customers.
• Assist in implementing strategic product line initiatives such as product switch outs, raw material cost reductions, and consolidations.
• Minimum 3 yrs experience in waste water treatment chemical & industrial application.
• Ability to travel 30% to 50%.
• Analytical thinker with good troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Comfortable making technical presentations to small and large groups
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Competent in English
• Behavioral Skills
1. Interpersonal skills
2. Business acumen
3. Analytical thinker
6. Team contributor
11. Adaptable and fast learner
• Job Specific & Technical Skills
1. Knowledge – waste water process & chemical treatment chemistry and applications
2. Marketing Savvy and Technical Leadership
3. Problem solving – analytical and engineering skills.
4. Salesmanship –Professional selling skills and Strategic Selling skills
5. Presentation Skills
6. Prioritizing multiple tasks
7. Computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
8. Writing – technical
• Master degree in Environmental Engineering, Plumbing discipline or chemistry
• Five or more years of experience in waste water chemicals applications.
• Familiar with waste water process and/or related application.
• Skillful in using MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Experienced in applying statistics tool for effective data analysis
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai;Beijing;Guangzhou;