Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: We are seeking a candidate for a professional band position who will be accountable for supporting Factorlink and IF PACE business applications and connected interfaces/front ends. In this role the candidate will work alongside other GDC teams and also independently to identify and solve issues and incidents and fulfill requests in GE Capital WCS Factoring / PACE / Syndication Manager systems where IT help is required to support the business operation.
Essential Responsibilities: The candidate has to learn and adopt all Factorlink and PACE business processes and support the users in case of questions and problems. This position reports to the Factorlink/PACE application RTS Support Lead.
• As a member of the WCS Factorlink/PACE/Syndication Manager IT team this position is responsible to solve Factorlink/PACE business and IT incidents and requests alongside multiple remote contractor teams.
• The candidate responsibility is to coordinate, follow up tickets and manage communication between and across different teams to solve problems in Factorlink/PACE and syndication manager application.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Track and manage multiple incidents at the same time
• Understand and adopt the business priorities in day to day work
• Track issues and its priorities and represent during new Release scoping.
• Understand the business processes wing to wing and be able to support the business users.
• Manage and coordinate root cause analyses, investigations incidents or request related.
• Be able to provide extracts/evidences from Factorlink/PACE database for Audit reviews.
• Document IT processes and build/maintain knowledge base.
• Work with other ITIL process owners to ensure there is an integrated approach to the design and implementation of incident and request management, problem management, event management, access management and request fulfillment.
• Document and work according to documented ITIL processes.
• Execute and coordinate approved / requested changes on different layers of Factorlink/PACE and surrounding applications/databases.
• Execute and coordinate testing in case new development for IT.
• Ownership of Post Mortem Reports for significant service interruptions
• Participate in monthly meetings with the IT management team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the RTS lead.
Qualifications/Requirements: • BSC in Computer Science/Information Systems or BComm or equivalent relevant work experience.
• ITIL working knowledge on Incident and Request management
• Strong experience with systems administration, or IT/Business analyst position mainly 3 tiers applications/systems
• Experience in application support/development which used .NET C#, Visual Basic or JAVA
• Working knowledge with Oracle SQL/PLSQL
• Experience in interface build and operations such as flat files/XMLs via FTP/sFTP, WebServices, MQ, WebApi, WCF
• Able to manage multiple requests, incidents at the same time.
• Writing and maintain SOPs, IT process documentations and understanding business specifications
Desired Characteristics: • Possesses problem solving, prioritization, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to make recommendations to all levels of the organization.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to comprehend and effectively deal with cultural differences.
• Must be self-motivating, self-directed and be able to work under pressure and in fast paced team environment.
• Experience in ITIL – mainly in Incident, problem and request management processes
• Working with remote/offshore teams
• Experience in incident management role is a plus
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.