GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Manufacturing Engineer will have experience in general manufacturing technologies with a strong knowledge of CNC. The individual will be working within the manufacturing operation of Dowty Propellers, supporting the organization’s NC programming needs. In this role, the individual will utilize their experience or expertise to solve problems, develop tooling solutions, as needed for both cutting tools and fixturing.
Continuation Role Summary / Purpose
This person will also be responsible for the creation and maintenance of shop support documentation.
Essential Responsibilities Qualifications/Requirements:
• CNC programming using CATIA V5 (ZAM) with an IMS post processor. Will also require a strong knowledge of Fanuc on both Lathes and machining centres
• Provide NC Programs, methods and technical support as required
• Develop tooling solutions, as needed, both cutting tools and fixturing
• Support equipment purchases and upgrades from spec development through installation
• Lead high impact process and quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity
• Drive Process Improvement / Cycle Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process changes or improvement
• Assist in solving manufacturing and quality issues utilizing root cause and analysis tools and implementing corrective actions
• Assist with operator training initiatives and participate in development of operator training programs
• Share best practices with other locations
• Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
• Determine and formalize technological parameters through CNC programs and participate in the CNC program archiving process
• Contribute new ideas and positive support to the current process by implementing productivity
• Optimize CNC programs for cycle time reductions
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university (or High School Diploma/A Levels with proven manufacturing experience) or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven experience in manufacturing with CNC equipment and controls
• Experience of NC programming with (CAD/CAM)
• Experience of Fanuc Controls
• Ability to read and understand NC machine code (M and G code programming)
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Knowledge of CNC Machines, including programming language for Fanuc, Heidenhain and Renishaw probing Locations:
• Strong technical writing ability particularly in the area of methods and written instructions in the programs
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team player
• Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
United Kingdom; Gloucester