Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: We seek a strong JBoss / IIS application admin candidate who will be responsible for managing, administrate, optimize, monitor and release management, support JAVA / .NET applications in all production and non-production environments. As a member of the team you will work with other Software Engineers, Support Team, product and project management to ensure our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production for internal and cloud based applications.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role the candidate will work alongside other GDC teams and also independently to identify and solve issues and incidents and fulfill requests for GE Capital Industrial Finance Factoring / PACE / Syndication Manager systems.
This position reports to the Application Admin Team lead.
• Manage/Resolve Incident/Request and Problem tickets and reduce incident number through suggestion of process enhancements
• Monitor the application server throughout the operating window
• Deploy different application versions in JBoss and IIS application prod and non-prod servers
• Participate development and testing calls, provide guidance to the non-technical team in case of technical questions
• Provide on-call support in case of issues or outages during late EU hours
• Support patching exercise alongside infrastructure teams
• Run and report daily checks from the application stand point
• Provide monthly overviews like application availability/ticketing-SLA/performance metrics
• Participate and execute DR switch overs and tests
• Drive performance improvements by collaborating with Infrastructure and User Experience teams to meet performance benchmarks
• Track and manage multiple incidents at the same time
• Understand and adopt the business priorities in day to day work
• Document IT processes and build/maintain knowledge base.
• Document and work according to documented ITIL processes.
• Write simple scripts (PERL/VB/etc.) for automation – like deployment, monitoring/reporting or backup
• Ownership of Post Mortem Reports for significant service interruptions
• Participate in monthly meetings with the IT management team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the RTS lead.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Systems/ Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field
• Proven experience with systems administration, knowledge on the following technology stack:
o Java, J2EE, Spring Framework,
o jBoss and Microsoft IIS application server technologies
• Experience in software development with hands on experience in Java J2EE as well as several of the following technologies, Message Queues, XML/XSLT, Oracle Database and objects
• Experience with monitoring tools (New Relic, WhatsUp, etc.)
• ITIL working knowledge on Incident and Request management
• Knowledge with Oracle SQL/PLSQL is a plus
• Experience in interface build and operations such as flat files/XMLs via FTP/sFTP, WebServices, MQ, WebApi, WCF
• Writing and maintain SOPs, IT process documentations and understanding business specifications
Desired Characteristics: • Possesses problem solving, prioritization, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to make recommendations to all levels of the organization.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to comprehend and effectively deal with cultural differences.
• Must be self-motivating, self-directed and be able to work under pressure and in fast paced team environment.
• Experience in ITIL – mainly in Incident, problem and request management processes
• Working with remote/offshore teams
• Experience in incident management role is a plus
• Flexible in working hours
• Eager to learn, share ideas, encourage and accepts feedback
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.