- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:03:03 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Care Solutions
Location(s): China; JiangSu; Wuxi
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Overview: GE Software is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE’s business.
You will be responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role you will:
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field.
2. More than 4+ years’ experience in C++ programming languages.
3. Experience in object oriented design.
4. Experience in embedded software development.
5. Experience in Linux/Windows application development
6. Knowledge in design pattern.
Desired Characteristics: - Please limit the desired characteristics to 12 points total (4 in each section as mentioned below)
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
• Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
• Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
Locations: China; JiangSu; Wuxi