About Us: GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: This position has design responsibility to deliver image quality, customer workflow, feature functionality, product quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, regulatory, compliance, and cost. Activities include requirements development, traceability and flow down, architecture / system design and analysis, FMEA, developing/executing System Verification and Validation test procedures, and providing support to manufacturing and field issues.
Essential Responsibilities: Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Providing domain expertise to serve as the main integrator between the hardware and software functions to deliver the best high quality Automated Breast Ultrasound product. Participate in software implementation for innovative future ultrasound projects using MATLAB and C++. Provide expertise in signal processing and beam forming.
2. Working across functions and team boundaries to define, design, and implement the next generation of ultrasound products, defining the technology and product roadmaps, and ensuring program compliance with those roadmaps
3. Working with customers, marketing and field personnel to refine requirements which can be refined by the engineering teams; identifying and summarizing market and industry trends and ensuring the NPIs appropriately leverage those trends
4. Developing methods to quantify subsystem interactions and their effects on image quality
5. Delivering and incorporating feedback results into new hardware, software and service specifications
6. Identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvements and drive continuous process improvements to address those opportunities
7. Drive system and subsystem assessments and predictions during design
8. Make design recommendations to improve reliability and resolve conflicting requirements Implement reliability growth and/or qualification tests to validate predictions.
9. Review necessary support documentation and maintain documentation for each test in a neat and organized fashion.
10. Offers suggestions to refine and automate test procedures; Prioritize and schedule testing
11. Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions.
12. The Systems Architect may be asked the coordinate the work of other systems engineers, such as creating work breakdown structures, product plans and staffing/resourcing plans, and managing those project plans through the entire development process
13. Broad influence over large multi-disciplinary and/or cross-functional teams
14. Owns the business impact for strategic platforms, technologies or systems
15. Provides mentoring and coaching to develop technical talent
16. Provides expert guidance and support to the development organization in various technical/functional aspects of research, development and engineering
17. Solves complex and ambiguous problems
18. Leverage their technical/clinical depth to work on business initiatives aimed at driving technology harmony, innovation, process convergence and/or quality excellence for a particular product line
19. Drives design evolution across multi-generation product releases
20. Drives creation and adoption for engineering standards
21. Creates and supports the stewardship of intellectual property
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. Masters Degree or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or closely related discipline with 10 yrs of experience
2. 10 years relevant work experience
3. Expertise in design, development and optimization of ultrasound systems with experience in beam forming and image quality optimization.
4. Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
5. Proficient in the use of software tools for analysis and simulation (MATLAB, C++ etc)
6. Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion
7. Broad exposure to HW/SW/Systems design, and technical depth in one or more engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc)
Desired Characteristics: 1. PHD or Masters with 15 yrs of experience
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
4. Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.