Hughes, a GE company
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first
and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and
digital solutions. Drawing on a storied
heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people
to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine
hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller
environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital
industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to
break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other
industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global
scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of
experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring
energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company Role Summary:
on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Manufacturing Quality Leader will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for organizational Quality and Technical activities.
- Direct generic process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the organization.
- Track and trend defects to develop and drive specific continuous improvement initiatives, plans and projects.
- CoQ – develop and drive initiatives to reduce scrap, rework and warranty costs. Partner with materials and project teams to minimize inventory obsolescence.
- Provide the technical leadership on problem identification, root cause, and overall resolution of customer complaints and quality issues.
- Data books – this position owns the process for preparation of data books required to support customer contracts consistently across the Pressure Control manufacturing plants.
- Select, hire, train, and provide ongoing leadership of assigned personnel to meet schedules, quality metrics, and organizational goals.
- Manage generic manufacturing process programs and lead area in pursuit of state of the art technology and processes that will enhance organization’s production in accordance with QMS requirements.
- Responsible for audit support and finding resolution for all internal, customer, and certification body audits for the plant.
- Non-conformity management and resolution.
• Calibration responsibility for tools and gauges.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture and define actions to enable the plant to become best in class when it comes to the quality of products or services delivered.
- Compile and report all organization measurements on quality and cost of quality.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 5 years of experience in Quality Management, Quality System Planning and Quality Improvement methods
- Additional leadership experience in the areas of Operations, Manufacturing, or Quality
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in all customer service areas
- Responsible for meeting customer / business needs as well as developing direct reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Mexico; Guadalupe, NL