Technical Services Advisers - Boiler
- GE Power
- Posted 1/22/2017 4:04:33 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Taiwan, Viet Nam, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Philippines; Jakarta, Surabaya, Tokyo, Manila, Taipei, HCMC, Hanoi, Malaysia
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Coal Fired Boiler product is one of growth pillars in Power Services. As a Technical Services Adviser you will be the technical domain expert responsible for driving growth & penetration in this segment by leading the definition of boiler solution roadmap for our customers and deliver a competitive value proposition.
The Adviser will manage and run coal fired power plant walk-downs in APAC to identify and craft out using the full range of Power Services boiler hardware & digital the required solution(s) required to solve customer pain points and improve plant performances. To achieve this, the role will interface with multifunctional teams to create, prioritise and manage the customer boiler programs.
This is a key role in Power Services which provides significant opportunity to demonstrate creative problem-solving, technical, commercial, communication and process skills in a complex, global and fast-paced environment.
• Accountable for boiler segment growth & penetration through technical solutions leadership
• Plant assessments to identify customer challenges and propose technical solutions
• Establish integrated solution, lead technical offerings discussions, drive alignment with customer and cross-functional team to deliver results
• Work closely with the services leaders to drive penetration at every outage/event
• Troubleshoot customer boiler issues on-site and provide technical assistance to customers
• Support the Technical Field Advisors as required with field work
To be successful in this role, you would
• Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university Engineering, Business or other technical or business related field
• Have at least 5 years of experience in Coal Fired Boiler Design, Operations or in Power Generations Services
• Be able to demonstrate strong engagement experience with customers
• Be able and willing to travel internationally, as required
• Experience with various types of boiler configurations including two-pass, tower, wall fired, tangentially fired and CFB.
•Knowledge of combustion theory, pulverizer operation, coal ranking/characteristics and boiler controls.
•Driving and challenging mindset towards stakeholders, both commercial and technical
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the “critical few” issue/priorities. Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely.
• Strong customer service mindset
• Outstanding technical & financial analysis skills
• Deep knowledge of the power generation marketplace
Locations: Taiwan, Viet Nam, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Philippines; Jakarta, Surabaya, Tokyo, Manila, Taipei, HCMC, Hanoi, Malaysia