Advanced Manufacturing Engineer 2
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:15:14 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Global Supply Chain
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Test Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to the design and development of test system software and hardware within the operations environments of the Global Supply chain. The position may develop distributed software applications for real-time automated test system solutions.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Lead test system development on National Instruments based standard test platform for new product introductions, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service
• Responsible to identify hardware in test system and design product interface fixture needed to fulfil product test requirements.
• Ensure early focus on manufacturability in NPI and/or Advanced Technology programs. Drive rigor in process capability assessment, process layout, tooling /equipment development and QMS Design Transfer execution
• Ensure regulatory compliance through Qualification & Validation. Responsible for ensuring rigor in determining processes requiring validation, development of plans and analysis criteria, execution and final analysis and acceptance
• Responsible to work with systems teams to generate requirements and software/system design
• Responsible for software development lifecycle, leveraging Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the development life cycle
• Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and apply existing technology to designs
• Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
• Influencing cross-functional teams to implement quality actions
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or associated degree & 5 years’ experience in development of automated test systems.
• A minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience in National Instruments software test engineering OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in National Instruments software test engineering
• 6+ years National Instruments LabView and/or TestStand experience
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing automated test systems into manufacturing environment.
•Experience developing test system documentation deliverables such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
•Demonstrated program or project management skills
•Lean and six sigma certification
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Locations: India; Bangalore