At GE O&G Digital, we are creating technology and software to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial IOT. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines We enable customers to collect data via various modality ranging from IOT sensors on the asset to flying a drone to gather images. This peta bytes of data is pushed to the cloud, cleansed and we enable analytics & machine learning to predict the machine health, prevent unplanned down time and avoid unnecessary maintenance. This optimizes production and results in a direct improvement to customer’s bottom-line. Watch more here GE’s breaking Science in IOT or Minds and Machines 2016 .
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world. GE is an equal opportunity employer Role Summary:
- Work in an agile team and develop software products and generic reusable frameworks on the IOT platform.
- Work closely with multiple stake holders to deliver high quality scalable software
- Own product or product modules and design, develop and maintain the same.
- Participate in design and code reviews. Come up with ideas for product improvement & communicate the same to the stake holders.
- As the Staff Software Engineer you contribute to product developed in global team. You are expected to have working experience with various global development teams in IOT products.
- Being a part of the development team, you will contribute on Front End User Interface & Back End services.
- You should understand various parameter like code coverage, security checks, automation etc. and nurture the quality of code that helps feature deployment with ease.
- You are required to participate actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You would understand user story from Product Manager & UX Engineer and develop features that meet all acceptance criteria of Product Owner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 8+ years of technical experience in large scale web application development.
- Hands on experience in front end development using HTML5/CSS3 and modern JS Frameworks like Angular/Knockout/Ember etc.
- Hands on experience in building applications using microservices on the cloud (using technologies like Java Spring or Node.js) capable of storing and processing large volume data
- Skilled in design patterns, data structures & algorithms and experienced in using them in the language of choice.
- Worked in Agile teams and developed enterprise software products.
- Expected to be a good teammate with positive attitude.
Good to Have:
- Prior experience developing on Cloud Foundry or any other cloud platforms like AWS.
- Knowledge about build tools like gulp/grunt, maven etc.
- Experience with GIT for code version control
- Skilled in using any one Relational and NoSQL database platforms for application development.
- Knowledge on REST & Web application security