About Us: GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions. The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world Mission: GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Digital Leadership: https://www.ge.com/digital/about-ge-digital
At GE O&G Digital, we are creating technology and software to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial IOT. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines We enable customers to collect data via various Role Summary: As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be part of an agile team working on the IOT platform developing automated tests for various applications and software platforms. You will be responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set and independently develop automated test cases for the same. GE is an equal opportunity Employer: Link Essential Responsibilities: Your Day at GE:
- As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be a part of a Scrum team inclusive of a Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, User Interaction Design Engineers, Software Architects and Product Owner.
- You will build automated scripts for testing frameworks and applications developed on the industrial IOT platform to be used as part of continuous Integration and delivery.
- As a dedicated QA Engineer, you will identify and report issues, analyze criticality of issues, help determine go/no-go decision for project code merges to ensure the stability of mainline.
- You will own product or product modules and design, develop and maintain test suites for the same.
- You will participate in design and test script reviews
- You will contribute to quality engineering discussions
- You will own several quality engineering tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
- Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Demonstrates growing expertise in application domain and functional areas. Takes ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Works independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- A minimum of 3 year(s) of professional experience in
software quality assurance with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or
in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Experienced in testing web applications built using microservices architecture on the cloud using Java Technologies using automation (Selenium, JUnit/TestNg)
- Skills in understanding application functionality and build test cases to cover various scenarios including negative tests, security tests, internationalization, load testing, accessibility testing
- Experience with GIT for code version control
- Begins to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
- Collaborates with Quality Leaders in building test plans
- Experience in automated testing of REST services using RestAssured or similar frameworks
- Experience in automated testing of hybrid mobile applications on mobile devices (iOS/Android) using Appium or similar frameworks
- Experience on load testing tools
- Experience in security scan tools
- Experience in web services based API testing
- Experience in accessibility testing using JAWS
- Knowledge on Web application security
- Skilled in using any one Relational and NoSQL database platforms
- Previous experience with PaaS and testing applications on the cloud