GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals. GE Oil & Gas also provides pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management, and designs and manufactures wire-line and drilling measurement solutions for the oilfield services segment. Oil & Gas is present in Germany with development, production and sales units at various locations.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.
The Sales Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will drive sales growth for the GE Digital Solutions product line Ultrasound Portables (UT portables) in Southern Germany. You will be accountable for the sales in your region and you will be responsible for short and long-term planning and will work in collaboration with other functions in the business.
- Sales Manager with both strong technical knowledge in ultrasound/eddy current (NDT business) and commercial attitude
- Dealing with direct customers mainly in Germany and also in Austria and Switzerland
- Presenting the UT portable product range to customers
- Supporting the assigned customer in sales activities and provide assistance to the customer in identifying new technical opportunities
- Negotiating contracts as required
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs and customer base
- Frequent travel within sales territory is required
- Technical experience in nondestructive testing (NDT - ideally a level 1 or 2 in UT or EC)
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Commercial experience in developing customer relationships & handling customer issues
- Proven track record in a similar commercial role with the ability to demonstrate customer growth is helpful
- Strong communication & organizational skills. You must be able to direct and influence other functions within GE
- Self-starter, capable of working independently to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Good Computer skills and experience with CRM tools and reporting
- Fluent in English and German
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Inclusive team working style
- Ability to build rapport, energize and influence people
Locations: Germany; Home based in Southern Germany (z.B. Munich, Nürnberg, Stuttgart)