Lead Functional Supplier Management Specialist - Benefits
GE Global Operations
Posted 1/24/2017 1:58:35 PM
Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
Location(s): United States ; New York; Schenectady
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: As a Lead Specialist of Supplier Management you will promote and provide “Best in Class” Customer Service through effective supplier relationships, adherence to contract compliance, and scorecard management. Influence and engage suppliers to develop strong partnerships; analyze performance metrics and recommend potential improvements. Lead various cross functional projects and initiatives related to pay, benefits, and/or HR Operations processes and programs.
Essential Responsibilities: • Manage our healthcare suppliers through: effective relationship management, process management, measurements, operations, controllership, and contract compliance.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert providing review and consultation to the GE Business teams regarding medical processes, escalations, and overall benefit coordination with other healthcare suppliers.
• Provide technical and functional expertise regarding healthcare related matters. Respond to customer inquiries within reasonable time frames.
• Own, organize and maintain all information, systems and processes involved in administering employee healthcare programs and policy.
• Project management activities including: defect identification and resolution, resource management, setting and achieving critical milestones, change order development and implementation, satisfaction pulsing, and system enhancement roll out.
• Drive Voice of Customer engagement to ensure our processes and communications reflect the needs of our participants
• Engage in lean processes and adoption of Lean Management System and help lead process improvements within our team and our suppliers
• Drive GE’s high standard of ethics and compliance with our suppliers.
• Conduct root cause analysis for claims escalations and institute corrective actions, adhering to our high standard of customer service levels.
• Monitor and interpret clinical reports, monthly financial and delivery reports, identifying trends and opportunities to drive process improvements around key medical processes.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 6 years of experience in HR Operations, project management or supplier management)
• Minimum 2 years shared service experience, HR Operations, project management or supplier management
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated expertise in the administration of Employee Health and Welfare benefit plans
• Demonstrated understanding of Health and Welfare Plan regulations including but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, FMLA and their impact on employer regulatory compliance
• Minimum of three years of supplier management experience
• Master’s degree in Healthcare, Business or related field
• Minimum of three years of project management experience, including development and execution of project plans, and demonstrated ability to drive results
• Self-starter who can manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision or guidance
• Solid analytical and process skills, including the ability to identify trends and develop innovative process improvements
• Demonstrated organizational skill, high standard of accuracy, attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
• Solid coaching, facilitation, and influencing skills; experience resolving escalated customer service issues
• Knowledge of Lean Management Systems and Six Sigma
• Creative, outside the box thinker
• Demonstrated Ability to work in a matrixed environment
• Possesses Industry Certification (e.g. CEBS)
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.