About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using;our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Transportation’s Oracle EBS Supply Chain DevOps team is in charge of delivering and supporting solutions for the business leveraging the Oracle EBS environment. The Oracle EBS DevOps Module Owner for Purchasing will be responsible for overseeing solution design and operational support of the Purchasing module, coordinating the delivery of new solutions and establishing global architectural tenants for the module.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will be expected to partner with other module owners and analysts to design cohesive solutions to support the ERP projects leveraging the Purchasing module. In addition, you will:
Establish design and configuration standards that optimize and align the use of the Oracle Purchasing module with global business processes.
Partner with functional business process owners and project engagement teams to design efficient solutions to support business operations.
Partner with our software vendors to stay current on their latest releases and leveraging their applications capabilities to enhance our business processes and replace our existing customizations.
Remove complexities from system setups and customization to allow for fast delivery of projects for the engagement team.
Provide L3 support to users and assist Analysts with troubleshooting application & business process issues and provide basic training around the solutions delivered. Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs: i.e., special projects, enhancements etc.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Supply Chain Management.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in an information systems design, implementation or operations
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience with Oracle EBS with focus on the purchasing module
Desired Characteristics: • 3 years’ experience supporting, developing and implementing solutions for the Oracle EBS Purchasing related value add modules such as Outsourced Manufacturing for Discrete Industries
• Experience with integrating 3rd party tools into Oracle through API’s and Fusion middle ware or EBS SOA Gateway.
• Experience with enterprise scheduling (i.e. Appworx)
• Basic familiarity with Linux/Unix architectures and concepts as it relates to the EBS application.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions
• Ability to read and understand PL/SQL code.
• Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications architecture and underlying table structures, APIs and Oracle coding standards.
• Knowledge of Project and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies Capable of planning and organizing work and processes in a continuously moving support model.
• Knowledge in industry best practices as it relates ERP processes and Supply Chain activities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (English) with proven abilities to communicate complex topics to peers in a simple, clear, plan oriented manner.
• Demonstrated customer focus, with the ability to evaluate decisions through the eyes of the customer, build strong customer relationships, and create processes with customer viewpoint
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment coordinating with internal customers to help support and enhance business systems
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.