GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
As the Electrical & Electronic Engineering Manager within Subsea Production Systems, Oil & Gas Business, you’ll build and develop a Global Engineering group. engaging in all Electrical/Electronic aspects of the equipment portfolio, with proven experience of high reliability, low volume and custom design.
You’ll also be a key part of GE’s transformation into a Digital Industrial business.
In this role you’ll have significant responsibility to form and drive a team of discipline and product experts, delivering complex projects and product development solutions that increase, optimise and enhance the Subsea Production Systems (SPS) capability.
The discipline team will be responsible for the specification and engineering control of both GE Proprietary and Non-GE designed equipment. Covering but not limited to, the Electrical and Electronic aspects of the Subsea and Topside Control system.
You will have the scope to build the role to align and establish governance across SPS where similar product expertise and knowledge is employed.
- Lead, build and transform the engineering team, responsible for project fulfilment and new product development.
- Drive compliance across engineering team to industry & client policies where appropriate including GE Oil & Gas Quality management system and associated processes and procedures.
- Ensure the required engineering resource profile is available for the business needs, working closely with project management office & commercial operations to determine future demand with appropriate performance metrics.
- Ensure the required engineering competencies are in place, and maintained through experience, training, and appropriate mentoring activities in engineering.
- Ensure strong product governance and ownership exists within the discipline team and drive structuring activities in line with SPS objectives
- Lead the team to network with and leverage technical competencies in other GE Oil & Gas businesses, SPS discipline teams and the Global Research Centres to serve Subsea Products & Projects’ needs.
- Encourage technology development for Subsea products through creating a climate for innovation and collaborating with other GE domain experts, the GRCs, universities and other external organizations.
- Lead the team to drive design for manufacture and design for sourcing programmes in the realization of optimised safety, quality, efficiency and client derived value.
- Act as a change agent in the business with energy, passion & enthusiasm to support business activities and alignment of processes to GE Oil & Gas.
- Actively participate in professional societies, independent organizations to ensure product line interests are represented in the development of standards and specifications.
- Implement initiatives to continuously improve the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR) responsiveness of the organization to customer and business needs.
- Continuously drive the creation of common specifications, procedures and approaches through areas of expertise across the subsea productions systems. Identifying Synergies and eliminating duplication of effort and waste.
- Drive synergies, efficiencies and eliminate duplication of effort across Subsea Production System Engineering teams. Develop a unified operational culture in line with the GE beliefs that is responsive, focussed on what matters, technically strong and customer-focused.
- Own product quality and drive a “no mistakes” engineering culture to continually improve the quality performance of the team, and quickly resolve of customer issues.
- Deliver on engineering and business objectives in the areas of On Time Delivery, Budget Management & effective Team Utilization.
- Reporting to the SPS Controls Engineering Leader
- With a dotted line to the SPS Discipline Eng Leader.
- Product Fulfilment Leader
- Product Management Programme Managers
- Subsea Production Systems (SPS) Project Execution Team
- SPS Controls Engineering discipline teams
- SPS Discipline teams
- Services Engineering Dept.
- Proven experience in an Engineering leadership role.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Strong ability to manage a global team in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and Project management skills
- Proven ability to achieve business’ targets
- Able to interface effectively at all levels of the organization and customers
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, process verification and validation methodologies and servicing in relevant manufacturing environments.
- Subject matter expert in Mechanical product line.
- Technical problem solving and report out.
- Resilient & persistent under all circumstances.
- Commercially astute.
- Subsea controls products & equipment experience
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments.
Key Technical knowledge areas to include:
- Designing for CE compliance (EMC, LVD, RoHS, WEEE, BS7671, etc).
- Analogue and Digital Electronics.
- Electrical Power and Communication Systems.
- Industrial instrumentation and analogue signal conditioning.
- Electrical schematic capture and analysis tools.
- Multi-layer surface mount and through-hole Printed Circuit Board design.
- Automatic Test Equipment and Thermal and Vibration Testing.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the GE matrix organization.
- Ability to manage and control multiple tasks and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent influencing and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational, follow-up, analytical and problem solving skills.
United Kingdom; Nailsea