About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Essential Responsibilities: • Liaise with local corporate tax teams with regard to tax compliance work and be the interface between finance teams in Pudong and local corporate tax team regarding o collection, preparation and analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant information required
for local tax return filings
for local tax audits
under other statutory and/or regulatory rules
• Prepare/review quarterly tax provision for businesses/divisions under your care, prepare/review annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with businesses and local tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis
• Prepare tax account reconciliations and ensure that the tax balances are well supported with work papers
• Prepare, track and instruct tax payments
• Prepare & draft estimated tax computation for entities which are required to file an estimated chargeable income for tax payment purposes
• Prepare draft tax computation for entities in accordance to the S2T workpapers and local tax regulation guided by Country tax leaders
• Must ensure that all legal entities meet filing obligations on timely & accurate basis. Update internal filing tracker and upload supporting
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Written and verbal fluency in Japanese and English
• 2-3 years work experiences or in similar capacity in a Global Business / Shared Service Center, MNC or auditing firm in a compliance focus role
• Strong expertise in direct tax processes and compliance
• Good working knowledge in a multinational environment
• Experience in a CIT organization serving different countries
• Goof analytical skills & ability to technically discuss with local/regional business controllers, country Stat & Tax leader, local Corporate CIT Leaders and KPMG/auditors where necessary,
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
• Effective interpersonal skills and highly professional style when dealing with business clients
• Experienced with accounting systems; Oracle is an advantage
• Knowledgeable of intermediate to advance MS Excel and Access are required skills
Desired Characteristics: Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.