To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today! GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Set-up & operate CNC mills and / or lathes , Work with types of materials involved such as castings, forgings, screw machine blanks, turret lathe blanks, sawed blanks and bar stock Set-up involve changing chuck jaws, tool holders, fixtures, boring bars, drills, reamers, and setting tools CNC programs and make offsets to insure acceptable parts
In addition you will :
• Set-up and operate CNC mills and / or lathes
• Work with types of materials involved such as castings, forgings, screw machine blanks, turret lathe blanks, sawed blanks and bar stock
• Edit CNC programs and make offsets to insure acceptable parts
• Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines involving one-piece flow, standard work, 6S, set-up reduction and wet process lines
• Maintain high housekeeping standards to ensure safe and efficient work areas, including cleaning chips from around machine and keeping coolant / machine fluids off shop floor and maintaining organization of work area to established standards
• Make decisions based on experience & available data
• High School Diploma / GED
• Minimum 3 years of machining experience with CNC lathes and / or mills
• Demonstrated experience or successful completion of classes in geometric tolerancing
• Demonstrated work experience in reading and interpreting blueprints
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
• Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
• Ability to verify and inspect own work using micrometers, plug gages, height gage and surface plates
• Ability to run both CNC and manual equipment concurrently as required
• Ability to work effectively in a cellular, team oriented environment
• Ability to work under general direction with minimal supervision
• Excellent attendance history
• Ability to produce error free products
• Accurately completes paperwork
• Strives to meet or exceed job requirements
• Experience with machining high temp material (inconel, stainless, titanium, etc.)
• CMM operating experience
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and a teaming environment
• Experience machining to aerospace standards and specifications
• Ability to work from and follow written instruction precisely (MOS, routers, engineering drawings)
• Ability to write own programs and operate multiple machines
• Set-up experience and ability to load offsets and perform program edits
• Optical Comparator experience
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.