GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Executive - Product Manager is responsible for delivering the P&L for Aerostructures and directs the Programme Management function. Develops business concepts and opportunities, develops strategy, and implements change. In this role you will create programs responsive to external environment and drive successful execution to meet agreed business targets.
• Provide leadership, direction, and control for delivery of the P&L for the Product Business
• Provide project leadership for worldwide sales, design, manufacture, installation, operational support, and service of assigned projects
• Provide project/program management, which meets or exceeds the financial objectives and expected level of customer satisfaction
• Set organizational goals to meet program schedule milestones
• Provide leadership to direct reports; includes staffing, training, and evaluation
• Lead profitable growth of the Product Business by developing processes and systems to deliver competitively priced products
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven additional years of experience in product management, or an equivalent role
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
· Proven managerial and negotiation ability
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Capable of planning and executing major initiatives Locations:
United Kingdom; Hamble-le-Rice