Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
Location(s): Nigeria ; Lagos
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The individual will be responsible for carrying out all the transactions required to support the employee’s life cycle with the organization, and play the liaison role between the business HRM and HR Operations.
Essential Responsibilities: • The individual will be part of the HR Operations organization across Nigeria, with focus on Nigeria operations, which is responsible for services viz: On-boarding, Off boarding maintaining employee relations, will work closely with payroll for Pay & Ben consolidation, adherence to local Labor Laws and HR operations integration for all GE businesses in Nigeria.
• The role will report to the HR Operations Leader. Other key relationships within GE will be with the HR Business Partners, Global HR Business Partners and specialist HR groups (e.g. Payroll & Benefits, Global Talent Recruitment, country Finance Leaders, IT etc).
• There are a number of external service providers this role will engage with including payroll, pension, flexible benefits, Immigration and vendors for company items administration.
• Lead / Support HR Ops services such as On-boarding, off boarding, employee relation’s clusters and ensure people, structures, processes and systems are aligned to deliver key objectives efficiently and effectively
• Deliver HR transactions to the businesses ensuring all deadlines are met and customers (HRM and employees) are satisfied with the level of service.
• Understand customer needs and ensure customer requirements are met within the agreed SLAs/ timelines.
• Create a continuous improvement culture, proactively identifying processes for improvement and driving change as well as responding to business requirements.
• Maintain the highest standard of accuracy and quality, taking accountability for compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements.
• Liaise, in conjunction with the HR Operations Leader with HRM & Line Managers, Centre Leaders to keep abreast of business requirements / updates on local regulations overview, to ensure that the HR Services team and business are well-informed.
• Proactive in leading overall sharing of best practices to the HR Services team contributing to the whole Nigeria HR Operations forum.
• Support the relationship between GE and 3rd party suppliers e.g. Banks, Immigration service providers, Medical & Insurance vendor etc. where required.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Minimum of a B.Sc degree preferably with HR / Business Management qualification. • 2 years’ hands on HR experience • Excellent Microsoft Office Suit and presentation skills • Process oriented with exposure to Six Sigma principles • Cheerful positive ‘can do’ attitude with ability to manage pressure creatively. • Effective communication and people management skills are a must • Knowledge of Shared Services ethos and key drivers for success. • Project Management experience with capability to drive change. • Strong sense of customer orientation. • Knowledge of local Labor regulations. • A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate completion dates clearly on your resume) • Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any legal restriction in Nigeria
Strong operations skills and leader with a track record of improving performance in transactional teams.
Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Experienced in diving adherence to SLAs’.
Understanding of HR issues is important but experience of delivering transactional services in a shared service context is key.
Good networking skills with experience in operating in complicated matrix environment and able to build good working relationships both internally and externally.
Tenacious, resilient, and flexible, should be capable of managing a complex and frequently changeable workload.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.