About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Lead coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes
• Work with other front end & backend developers to define best practices and processes around user interface development
• Collaborate with US, near-shore, and offshore based team members to deliver software solutions
• Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
• Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) that consist of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing
• Good knowledge in development and testing of Spring boot RESTful web services
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, MCA or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Overall Experience of 6+ years in IT Industry and a minimum of 3 years in responsive web design principles, front end design and development framework (OOJS, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, AngularJS, Polymer web components and bootstrap and unit testing framework such as Jasmine)
• Working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
• Demonstrated experience (3+ years) in developing Spring 4 RESTful APIs and JPA, Hibernate, JDBC, Spring Data, Spring security
• Experience in deploying into Tomcat
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
• Experience with execution of multiple simultaneous and/or large projects.
• Hands-on experience in Spring, Java Script frame works & implementations.
• Hands on experience in Junit testing framework.
• Knowledge & experience in Agile software development life cycle.
• Hands-on experience in data base development with one or more relational databases such as Oracle and writing PL/SQL statements and Stored Procedures
• Good knowledge in development and testing of REST/SOAP web services.
• Experience in understanding of software architecture concepts and practices.
• Exposure to Configuration management and builds using one or more of the following: GitHub, SVN. Maven, Ant, Jenkins.
• Strong team player and Experience working in a multi-team environment.
• Possesses strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Effective communication skills and Responsiveness.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.