- GE Power
- Posted 1/23/2017 8:07:06 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Digital
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position is an integral part of the broader GE Power Digital business initiatives in the strategy, development and operations of the Predix cloud, The Service Cloud Ops Leader will be responsible for the Cloud DevOps program, including the Strategic direction of the programs as well as the day-to-day execution of activities and direction of resources required to meet the Enterprise Strategic Initiatives.
The position will lead a team of Cloud SMEs and will proactively collaborate with all other functions to ensure the seamless integration and exceptional customer experience.
In this role you will
- Drive existing and new strategic initiatives, major projects and general programs affecting the Predix environment including developing new service offerings.
- Create new and innovative programs leveraging Predix platform innovation to meet changing business and technical needs
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and best practices by developing ways to incorporate those practices into GE Power Digital when appropriate.
- Drive increased maturity on the cloud DevOps capabilities including advanced CI/CD, metrics and strategy.
- Direct the activities and resources associated with a variety of Strategic Initiatives under Predix or DevOps programs
- Be accountable for the direct relationship with GE Digital Predix team that can also include financial, operations as well as strategic focus areas.
- Identify and implement emerging technology standards leading to increased innovation and efficiency in delivering infrastructure through Cloud resources
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in IT or a related technical discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of IT Management experience with a proven track record of success operating in a complex, global, fast paced environment is required.
- A minimum of 5 years in leading IT development teams around innovative technologies is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure and/or application functions including leading software engineering or managing development teams is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in successfully deploying Cloud Technology and Enterprise adoption in a global setting
- Experience in developing and maintaining cloud applications end to end for last 4-5 years
- Deep knowledge or experience with AWS or Google cloud or Azure
- Experience with containers (Docker), VMware and Automation
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a DevOps model is required
- Must be a strong technical person that will drive Predix service and its individual components to the next level.
- Experience in working in a large, complex and possibly regulated environments.
- Excellent skills in communication, presentation, listening, interpreting and providing constructive feedback.
- Ability to manage a large volume of multi-faceted activities in a quality manner.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with various levels both internal and external to the IT/OT organization.
- A strong broad based IT/OT background with both hands-on and management capabilities is required
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore, India
Locations: India; Bangalore