Sr Software Engineer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:26:55 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Digital
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The HCIT-CBS Ambulatory Practices Solutions (APS) Engineering team is a global development organization with products including Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Centricity Practice Solutions (CPS).The Software Engineer position is responsible for providing engineering & technical leadership for developing EMR. Responsibilities include product architecture, feature design and implementation, technical leadership, incubation of ideas, and collaborating with partner teams.
• Design and develop features on the EMR
• Understand the requirements and translate into Technical requirements & design
• Work closely on cross-functional teams – Engineering and Architecture on design requirements
• Programming, Code Reviews, Unit and Integration tests
• Strong interpersonal skillset, including good written and verbal communication skills
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverable
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
• BE, ME/MTech. in Computer Science.
• 10 to 12 years of experience in IT industry.
• Design and Coding of software features using C++/VC++ and C# languages with high quality and on time delivery.
• Design using object oriented techniques (UML) and Design Patterns.
• Writing Software Requirement document and Design Specification documents.
• Doing design review, code review and testing of software features.
• Interacting with Product Management and Marketing teams to understand the requirements and implement them.
• Should be confident to design and implementation & guiding team to implement software features.
• Excellent communication skills, Global team interactions and team building skills.
• Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional project teams and an ability to drive project design plans to completion
Desired Characteristics: - Please limit the desired characteristics to 12 points total (4 in each section as mentioned below)
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.)
• Desire to learn web technologies like HTML, Java Script and Azure Cloud
Hands-on experience with web development using HTML, Java Script, jQuery.
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Locations: India; Bangalore