Lead Commodity Specialist
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 1/22/2017 4:01:50 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Global Operations Asia
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This is for Category Management of MRO.
Owns one or more T1 or T2 commodites in a Country (<$200M) (ie.e Mexico, Brazil, UK, USA, etc) in which the commodities are not complex with no direct reports;
Owns mulitple T3 commodities across a region;
Defines local strategy to align with global strategy.
Manages one or more T1 or T2 commodities in a Country (<$200M) (i.e. Mexico, Brazil, UK, USA, etc.) in which the commodities are not complex or owns multiple T3 commodities across a region;
• Assist in the development & execution of the global sourcing strategies at the local level that deliver a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives; supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Execute regional cost reduction projects that support the global projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with Finance to validate the impact of projects and contract negotiations to the general ledger
• Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance and develop improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met
• Partner with stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meets the business needs
• Research, analyze and synthesize industry, market, spend, risk and commodity data to make recommendations on approach and strategy
• Partner with Deploy organization to ensure appropriate support, fulfillment and quality requirements meet business expectations
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, or Finance
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in Sourcing, Operations, Supply Chain and/or Commercial
• Bachelor’s degree in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Engineering
• Strong analytical Skills
• Lean Six Sigma certified
• GE Leadership Program Graduate
• Demonstrated team player with a strong initiative to win
• Aggressive self-starter
• Demonstrated professional oral/written communication and negotiation skills
• Strong project management skills
• Working knowledge of ERP/ SSP systems
• Experience with RFQ implementation and execution
• History with supplier base consolidation
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai