About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Mechanical Assembler will work at the Erlanger, KY service center to disassemble/assemble boilers and other large scale, power generation equipment and their subassemblies following blueprints and specific work instruction.
This role is currently on second shift, but the position may require off shift support and periodic overtime.
Essential Responsibilities: • Plans assembly procedures, following work instruction, safety procedures and customer specifications
• Drills, taps, or reams holes and aligns components, bolts, screws or rivets parts together during re-assembly
• Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement including final testing before shipment
• Use of a variety of measuring devices, blue prints and visual work instruction
• Use of a wide variety of associated shop equipment and tooling including tact weld, grinding and manual machine processes
Qualifications/Requirements: • High school Diploma or GED
Desired Characteristics: • Ability and willingness to work multiple shift(s)
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, various shifts, holidays and weekends, as required
• Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment
• Ability to calculate figures, basic math and understanding of measuring and metrics
• Ability to follow work rules, carry out instructions either written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.