GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Reporting to the CEO of Power Conversion, the Product Line Leader, Power Electronics (PE) will be responsible to shape and execute the business strategy for the PE portfolio through the development of new technology, products and business models. The Product Line Leader PE will be required to achieve profitable growth through sustainable resource allocation - R&D budgets and associated plant capital expenditures. Essential Responsibilities:
• The Product Line Leader PE directs a functional area of a major business segment. Translates concepts, considers strategic options, develops tactics, and implements change. Creates programs responsive to external environment. Participates in cross-functional business and cultural development.
• Understand industry trends, customer needs & segments and prioritize growth opportunities for Power Electronics. Develop customer connections to link performance with customer expectations. Own customer requirements.
• Determine solutions: use customer and market feedback to produce life-cycle strategies and develop value propositions, lead new product development, features/function trade-offs, and program timelines.
• Communicate core business vision & strategy to grow & manage product portfolio, and ensure competitive position & product vitality.
• Develop & optimize key supply chain relationships. Understand and lead cost management strategies.
• Allocate Resources: control budgets related to investment in new products, lead cost-out decisions, determine associated plant equipment, evaluate make or buy decisions, have the authority to stop a program.
• Manage the price share equation and trade-offs, ensuring products are priced correctly to optimize adoption, competitiveness and profitability.
• Establish World-Class Product Management practices within Power Conversion
• Operate the global technical tendering operation. Ensure consistent high-quality response to customers in terms of proposals completeness, turnaround time, cost competitiveness and comments & deviations to requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
• Significant experience of leading product management, product marketing and/or technical development, in a power electronics or related environment. Desired Characteristics:
• Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration is preferred
• Knowledge of the disciplines and inter-relationship between product management and supply chain, engineering/technology & related functions, costing systems, financial reporting measures
• Previous experience in product management practices and activities within GE, together with commercial customer knowledge and established relationships. Strong commercial awareness.
• Demonstrated strategic awareness combined with tactical implementation capability. Strong analytical skills with ability to identify and explain critical issues. Six sigma/lean/fast works awareness is preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills, capable of influencing and driving a strategic change agenda across the global product management organization. Change agent, with strong credibility at all levels of the organization. Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively across functions, prior experience of developing and leading a global team. Proven mentoring and coaching abilities, demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others. Locations:
Germany, India; Berlin, Chennai