Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): United States ; Ohio; Cincinnati
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Sr. Director-Digital Operations will drive the transformation to outcome based solutions that support our change, problem, asset, procurement & decommissioning process and services. Leveraging out of the box solutions, we will change our processes to drive automation, focus on the customer experience and deliver the outcomes that we need to protect and run our solutions. ;
Essential Responsibilities: In this role you will drive and execute the strategy for Service Management
• Drive the problem, change, and asset management program to deliver outcomes to run, improve, and protect our businesses
• Partner with the businesses on specific business requirements and drive one common process to be leveraged consistently throughout the Company;
• Partner with the IT Risk team to deliver outcomes that will better protect the Company and provide solutions to the EVM team;
• Partner with both core infrastructure teams and DWS on specific requirements and drive one common process
• Actively communicate progress against goals;
• Drive all elements of the program across the work streams as well as the ServiceNow Professional Services SOW;
• Partner with the lifecycle technology owners on implementation of the service management processes across the different technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, OR in lieu of degree: HS Diploma/GED and 10+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training.;
• Minimum years of experience in business planning, resource allocation, or the project management of implementing information technologies
• Minimum 5 years of direct team leadership of employees with proven ability to deliver in a global team environment with members working remotely in various time zones.;
• Minimum of 2 or more successful large scale implementations with multiple lines of business and overall experience
• Strong technical foundation in the PC, Mobility, Compute, Application or Network technology area;
• The ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual design decisions.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences;
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives;
• Demonstrated commitment to quality and delivering complete solutions that solve business problems or deliver our strategy
• Strong technical foundation several of the following technology areas: PC, Mobility, Compute, Application and Network;
• Knowledge of current business function and information technologies;
• Ability to attract, retain and develop key and diverse talent
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.