SAP ERP Delivery Transformer and Agile Coach (m/f)
Posted 1/23/2017 8:07:27 PM
Job Function:Digital Technology
Business Segment: Power Information Technology
Location(s): Switzerland ; Baden
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: As a Transformer you will provide support to the PowerMax Delivery and Design teams by facilitating Agile framework executing principles for delivery efforts within the PowerMax Program. Areas of support will include Agile Planning Tasks (including Release Train Planning, Sprint Planning, and Backlog Grooming), Agile Recurring cadence meetings, beginning and end of phase ceremonies, and Agile progress measurement across multiple scrum teams.
Essential Responsibilities: The PowerMax Delivery Execution Agile Transformer / Agile Coach will work under direction to support activities within the SAP PowerMax Program related to Project Delivery within an Agile Framework. The PowerMax ERP program is about extending the current ERP platform from legacy Alstom across to the 3 largest product lines (Power Services, Gas Power Systems & Steam Power Systems) within GE Power. The ERP platform will host approximately 40,000 users and about $30B of revenue by 2020. This is the largest ERP program within GE.
Your primary focus is optimizing software development systems. You will coach teams in the transition towards effective execution of Agile techniques, effectively coach the complete value stream of a program, and coach an organization on managing their portfolio of projects using Agile Portfolio Management concepts.
This includes as some of your tasks:
• Agile Planning – Responsible for conducting Agile planning events for Release, Sprint Planning, and Backlog Grooming. Manage the consolidated backlog and conduct grooming systems
• Collect and organize user stories associated within a release and organize Sprint Planning sessions with delivery teams
• Agile Cadence Meetings - Responsible for the administration and facilitation of the recurring Agile delivery execution meetings including:
• Daily stand up status calls
• Scrum of Scrum meetings to facilitate issue escalation
• Beginning and end of sprint ceremonies
• Agile Progress Measurement – Administration of the measurement techniques
• Producing burn-up/burn-down reporting
• Effectively coach organizations on effective Agile practices at scale, including Agile Portfolio Management and multi-team programs (i.e. SAFe)
Qualifications/Requirements: • Ideally a bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A very strong technical experience along with established lead and Agile coaching credentials
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated succes as Certified Scrum Master or equivalent
• Experience working in System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ideally for SAP projects
• Exposure to Program/Project management and Governance of cross-functional IT projects
• Knowledge of and competency with Program/Project management tools & techniques (i.e. MS Project, Smart sheet, JIRA, HP ALM etc.) • Advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles
• Strong communication skills adapted to a global matrixed organization, a good sense of judgment leading to confident decision making
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.