Location(s): United States ; Massachusetts, Wisconsin; Any region with a major Airport
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Sr. Network Solution Engineer is a client-facing role that will bridge the relationship between GE’s clinical Mammography client base (Physicians, IT Professionals, Administrative Leadership, etc.) and GE’s Service & Product Development teams. This Senior Engineer will rely on his/her IT engineering expertise with review stations, images archiving, images review, IT architectures and GE’s universal viewer interfaces (PACS).
Essential Responsibilities: More about the role:
The Senior Engineer will master the clinical Mammography space, product architectures & design, and quality elements. A critical part of this role will be the creation of strong workflow maps for customers transitioning their practice from 2D to 3D Tomography imaging. These maps will lay out the most efficient data-flow; minimize data transfer time; and ensure fast, highly-available, high-resolution image content delivered to physician review stations. This role will also be responsible for identifying and advising on both existing and new technologies that meet user experience demands (i.e. new versions of CAD, Network technology, or Voice Dictation Software enhancements).
This will be a high-touch role facing high-value customers. Along with the requirements listed below, this role will be required to understand the deliverables required for a successful implementation/roll-out of products, and to assign the right people to the task. This person will leverage his or her ability to “sell change” to the customer by highlighting bottlenecks and flaws in a given workflow/network/environment; and propose alternatives or solutions.
Typical areas of intervention will revolve around:
• Creating strong workflow maps for customers transitioning their practice from 2D to 3D Tomography imaging.
• Analyzing customers’ preferences, and translating customer requirements for the engineering/development team to deliver customized IT architectures.
• Serve as the central point of contact between GE’s breast imaging organization, GE Healthcare IT, third party PACS & archiving solutions, and Computer Aided Diagnostics (CAD) providers
• Work in close partnership with the product development team based Germany and the US region’s product, marketing, sales and service organizations.
• Drive Execution by creating strong links between regional Sales and the Service organizations.
• Become the Subject Matter Expert for troubleshooting in image storage, image transfer and review-related customers’ issues.
• Lead continuous improvement & continuous development activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives.
• Increase regional workflow knowledge by providing regular training and workshops to members of the salesforce and the applications teams.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
• 5 years relative IT/Networking engineering experience.
• 5+ Years in roles demanding keen understandings of customer work-environment requests, and accurately translating them to an engineering workflow relative to products and service.
• Proven ability to influence high-value customers by leveraging strong business acumen, high emotional intelligence, and polished communication skills.
• Working proficiency/understanding of (Healthcare)-IT network technology, communication, component interplay and practical applications.
• Ability to understand customer requests on their working environment and translate them into a workflow with given GE product and services.
• Practical experience in engineering product development processes on cross-functional programs with a focus on related engineering discipline
• Proven track record of driving global teams to deliver business and customer product requirements/requests.
• Must be willing to travel to customer sites regularly throughout the United States and Canada - 50%+ travel required.
Desired Characteristics: • Advanced degree in Engineering or related field (Masters or PhD)
• 10 years relative IT/Networking engineering experience, including technical requirements-gathering, and translation to internal product developer and engineers.
• 3-5 years’ experience in clinical/medical client-facing roles with emphasis on technical consultation.
• Expertise in X-Ray physics, image processing and image presentation, or In-depth working knowledge of Mammography product-related clinical space.
• Demonstrated experience contributing to global product releases, throughout the entire new product development cycle
• Demonstrated ability to be influential, without direct authority over cross-functional, global teams in a matrixed environment.
• Advanced presentation skills
Locations: United States ; Massachusetts, Wisconsin; Any region with a major Airport
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.