Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): United States ; Virginia; Glen Allen
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: As a Staff Agile Transformer, you will work with GE Digital Thread technical leadership and their teams and coach them on an approach to incubate and accelerate the adoption of new technology at GE. You will lead and facilitate workshops to help the Digital Thread teams understand their product portfolio as well as coach and mentor them through a framework to accelerate digital product development.
• Work closely with business stakeholders and technical teams to help them understand and execute an approach to evaluating and prioritizing their product portfolio.
• Accelerate digital adoption by providing training, coaching, feedback, and advice to Digital Thread teams on the Scrum Framework.
• Co-locate with the Digital Thread teams, as needed, to coach them in migrating from project based initiatives to digital product development.
• Participate in creating and/or improving the agenda, content, and delivery of portfolio and digital incubation workshops.
• Identify and coach champions within Digital Thread in order to remove dependencies on external mentors.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, analytics or a related field, or equivalent years of work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with technical product management, technical architecture and/or development of software based products or services
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Glen Allen, VA
• Knowledge and experience with designing and delivering technical products and services using the Scrum framework
• Knowledge of digital architecture and public cloud providers
• Experience with Predix platform
• Knowledge of legacy and modern enterprise application architecture
• Outstanding training, presentation and facilitation skills, including using visual aids and public speaking
• Experience with creating and facilitating workshops or events to educate technical and non-technical audiences
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Experience working with highly technical team and translating technical deliverables to meaningful accomplishments to leadership
• Dynamically adapt to fluid situations to deliver the intended results
• Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to form productive relationships quickly and create the spheres of influence required for transformational changes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong understanding and experience with utilizing project management automation tools (JIRA, Rally, etc). Program Management certifications are a plus
• Experience working in remote teams across the globe
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.