Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Russia & CIS
Location(s): Russian Federation ; Moscow
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will work with respective commodity leader and follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Your work will be fully aligned with the regional Sourcing strategy.
Essential Responsibilities: • Understand overall regional sourcing strategy and respective strategy for assigned commodities; proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives
• Identify and qualify new suppliers; act in accordance with GE Integrity and Sourcing policy
• Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability
• Implement sourcing standards including process & execution
• Support commodity buy; work to deliver cost our goals
• Work to prepare and execute purchasing contracts, place Purchase Orders (PO) timely and obtain PO acknowledgements from Suppliers, track contract fulfillment
• Drive productivity opportunities with supply base to capture additional cost out
• Write reports to track savings, contract & PO activity, and supplier performance
• Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy
• Drive effective recovery plans and create payment tracking and invoice analysis
• Work on purchasing contracts (from drafting to signing), place Purchase Orders (PO) timely and obtain PO acknowledgements from Suppliers, track contract fulfillment
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with at least 4 years of experience in a Sourcing role
Desired Characteristics: Additional experience in Sourcing and writing fulfillment reports using MS Access, SQL or Visual Basic is preferred Efficient with Oracle 11.3, COPICS, DART and AP systems Strong quantitative and analytical skills PC and database proficiency Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only) Fluent Russian and English (oral and written)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.