GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
At GE ASEAN, we are imagination at work. From the Vietnam Engineering Center which focuses on product design, applications and services for the oil and gas sector to the NUS-GE Singapore Water Technology Centre which develops new solutions in water treatment, the GE ASEAN teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join an innovative industry leader for an unprecedented career of significant influence within the region and beyond. Work alongside the best minds in the business and take advantage of GE’s generous investment in your education, growth and advancement. If you’re an energetic, focused problem solver, ready to share ideas and face challenges with flexibility, then join the GE ASEAN team in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
Role Summary: Responsible for providing the technical and application support during the both pre- and post-sales processes, playing as a team member collaborating with local and central applications, sales and service teams in the bioprocess industry/product segment, to maximize both customer satisfaction and our business growth. The geographic region to cover is ASEAN.
• Accountable in leading the application support for Single Use products – Bioreactors & Mixers and connectivity solutions, Filtration and provide secondary support in Hyclone cell culture media and buffers for South East Asia.
• Accountable to achieve products/solution orders and sales OP target for assigned accounts and/or territory.
• Forecast orders and sales with the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their product/solution in their assigned accounts and/or territory.
• Create account/territory plans including opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets.
• Identify and create new opportunities and work with sales leaders, account manager and regional distributors.
• Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their products/solution.
• Educate and collaborate with sales team members on their products/solution strategy and offerings.
• Provide technical leadership during sales process by demonstrating full range of product features including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers as needed.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver educational programs and product training to customers on software, application and/or equipment use, monitor customer installations of Bioprocess equipment within assigned territory/region to improve customer satisfaction and maintain customer relationships.
• Improve customer satisfaction and socket retention through continuing education on optimization of equipment utilization by customer.
• Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and promotion as well as customer training.
• Use market and product knowledge to assist sales team in developing sales, marketing and customer service strategies.
• Produce well-written post-training reports and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Required well understanding of downstream purification for biological production with B.S. or higher in bio-technology or related field.
• Demonstrated capability in Large scale cell culture experience or Downstream Bio Processing.
• Must have expertise in several of the following key areas:
• Large scale protein purification for biologics or equivalent.
• Work/product support experiences under regulatory environment.
• Experiences in chromatography and filtration system for production.
• Large scale chromatography column packing.
• Minimum of 5 years’ technical support experience in specific required areas or at least 3 years’ commercial applications experience with demonstrated successes in high level customer interactions and sales scenarios.
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Office products.
• Willingness to travel 50% or more within your specified geographic region (SEA / ASEAN) with occasional overnight stays for few days depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows.
• Demonstrated successful experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process.
• Ability to communicate effectively using English, and another local language in CIAPAC is desired.
• Strong presentation skills (public speaking and lecture experience desired).
• Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations).
• Solid problem solving skills (ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and external customers).
• Proven professional business acumen (experience in interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process).
• Self-motivated, willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take actions to improve.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time.
• Willingness to be flexible/adapt to changing work environments.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.