GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
As a Data Engineer in the Data & Analytics domain within the Budapest Digital Hub, You will work closely with the team and different GE businesses to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions. You will be a member of an integrated squad (data scientists, data engineers, software engineers and a product owner) to deliver successful outcomes driving efficiency and creating new revenue streams. Essential Responsibilities:
As a Data Engineer, we need You to be able to grasp the essence of large data sets.
We'll look at You to integrate different data sources, work with various architectures and be key person for ETL related topics.
We count on your creativity, fresh ideas and outside-in perspective to get even better, even further, even faster!
Your daily work will involve
- Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving data visualization related tasks using the latest development methods and infrastructure
- Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy
- Collaborate with system engineers, data scientists, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with our stakeholder’s and our own strategic directions
- Implement, document and support data engineering solutions in an agile environment
- Experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle, Postgres, Greenplum)
- Experience with at least one programming language (preferably Java, Python, Scala)
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
- Positive attitude and team player
- Degree in information technology, mathemathics, physics, engineering, economics or any related fields
- Experience with ETL and/or orchestration tools (e.g. Talend, Informatica, Oozie, Airflow)
- Experience in NoSQL databasing (e.g. Cassandra)
- Experience with Hadoop and/or Spark
- Experience with BI/data visualization tools (preferably Tableau, Spotfire)
- Experience with version control (e.g. SVN, git) and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity) tools