Analyst - Disbursements
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 1/23/2017 5:26:00 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations MENAT & SSA
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As part of GE Treasury's Global Operations team, this role will provide functional expertise on disbursement related activities. You will be responsible managing the disbursements & its related process.
• Check and verify cash transactions and investigate and propose possible resolution for any discrepancies
• Manage local bank accounts, and ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements
• Work closely with Treasury office on payment projections cash flow management; maintain the weekly cash disbursements forecast.
• Ensure that all electronic/manual transactions are processed, confirmed and settled in a timely and accurate basis.
• Produce monthly volume/transaction statistics for management information
• Supporting account reconciliations
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Ensure the support of the statutory and Tax audit, year in year out, and resolve all possible queries.
• Support on reconciling vendor statements (if needed), and identify discrepancies.
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Candidate must have a University degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
• 3+ years of experience in support function, operations or process improvement experience.
• Thorough knowledge of Accounts payable & products and corporate procedures
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines.
• Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
• Strong process execution and customer service mindset
• Strong interpersonal skills, can-do-attitude / self-starter
• Minimum computer literacy, particularly MS office
• Experience in managing the Accounts payable and related process
• Detailed understanding of common B2P platforms > SSS, GL Prod,
• Cash operations experience
• Independent judgment with strong analytical skills and excellent organizational skills
• Dealing with changing priorities, managing stakeholders & being a strong proactive communicator are prerequisites
• Ability to effectively collaborate across geographical locations, business and functions to deliver on goals & objectives
• Commitment for process execution & improvement;
• Excellent teamwork skills; collaborative approach with peers and team members
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills with ability to interface and influence at multiple levels of the organization.
Locations: Egypt; Cairo