GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
The Technical Controller will partner with the senior leadership finance team and with various product company finance and operational functions to provide technical accounting support to the business on complex transactions as well as policy development, implementation, and compliance. This person will be considered a subject matter expert in technical accounting and work directly with the product company controllers to implement and support the technical accounting decision making process. Essential Responsibilities:
As the Technical Controller, you will:
- Be the Global Business Technical expert, providing advisory guidance
- Function as a Business Partner, review complex transactions, understand relevant facts and circumstances, research guidance to arrive at compliant conclusions
- Research, evaluate, and communicate policies and procedures for the business
- Assist in the effort to ensure the business is compliant with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Assist global teams with statutory assistance to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations
- Function as a liaison with external and internal auditors
- Review all SEC filings prior to submission to ensure compliance with regulatory
- Assist in the preparation of SEC comment letter review and communications
- Assist with the implementation of Revenue Recognition standard ASC 606
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, CPA preferred
- Experience working within public accounting (Big 4 ideally) dealing with large, complex industrial International clients with SEC reporting requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant experience in a Technical Accounting/Controllership position - understand revenue recognition & inventory accounting
- Willing to travel a significant amount of time as this is a Global coverage position
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working. Desired Characteristics:
- Effective leader / influencer within the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities
- Strong process management skills and team leadership experience
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with teams across functions and around the globe
Opening date - 24th April 2017
Closing date - 22nd May 2017
For further information about this role, please visit www.gecareers.com, quoting reference number 2796405 Locations:
United Kingdom; London