Senior Sales Leader – East Asia
- GE Power
- Posted 7/18/2017 4:52:20 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore; Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Manila
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
The Engineered Systems Region Sales Leader manages the functional area of sales for the Engineered Systems business segment. In this role you will lead development and management a pipeline of projects/deals to deliver on a quarterly and yearly sales plan, developing strategy for sales growth, and development of a sales team.
The successful candidate will lead a multi-functional sales team to secure profitable business while working closely with the broader global team. Key responsibilities will be:
• Business Development & Growth Strategy
o Develop a long-term business growth strategy to enable the regional business to grow at 3-5 x GDP
o Broaden business value by explore customer’s underlying issues and needs to suggest broader outcomes thus maximizing the productiveness of sales interactions by building on customer cues to gain commitment to products, services and solutions
o Develop Go-to-Market strategies (Direct v/s Indirect, Product v/s Solution) and define Direct versus Indirect, OEM/EPC versus End User motivation & sales strategy for each market and price segment.
o Build customer relationships for business development & sales
o Integrate & develop processes that meet & exceed business needs & manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise
• Sales Leadership/Pipeline Creation
o Create pipeline of project & service deals that are biased towards the use of technologies that form a part of GE’s portfolio.
o Develop & implement actionable sales strategies across the Engineered Systems product lines to enable greater win rates & faster closure
o Build influential partnerships by influencing & cultivating relationships with key stakeholders such as OEM’s, EPC’s & consultants to develop solutions that address customer needs
o Lead a Regional Sales Team on key sales opportunities & specify critical resource needs required to meet business objectives
o Develop customer strategies and campaign plans, & provide specific account leadership, plans, & actions to assure that GE wins profitable business & services sales within the assigned countries & customers
o Develop influential relationships with assigned customers including Municipalities, EPC’s & Industrial companies at all levels & support customer satisfaction evaluation plans
• Executing/Implementing Strategy
o Work with customers to understand their CTQ's & develop appropriate project / service solutions
o Translate opportunities into operational reality by aligning communication, accountability, resources, capabilities, internal processes & measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results. Key responsibilities include making day-to-day decisions on priorities & weighing alternative solutions.
o Address scalability issues to move into more market segments and applications.
o Develop plans for development and selection of organization talent. Actively coach the local team and build a pipeline of talent in each country
o Integrate & lead the technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, & others in the implementation of customer strategies
• Ownership of Financial & Other Metrics
o Own the financial metrics for both product lines including Orders, Sales, Contribution Margin & Cash/Past Dues. Connect strategic initiatives & tactical actions with all metrics
o Lead Business Blue Print & Operating Plan discussions for the East Asia region with the global team & own accurate forecasting of orders across the portfolio, by quarter, using COMPASS (CRM) as the only source of information (this includes driving a culture of accountability down to the individual level, with clear operating plans by quarter, & G&Os)
• Competitive Analysis/Entrepreneurship
o Maintain a keen understanding of key market drivers to create & seize business opportunities, expand into new markets & launch innovative products & services. Key responsibilities include pursuing market information, identifying key growth areas & partnership opportunities, sizing competition, inspiring innovative solutions & taking key business risks.
o Lead efforts to understand budget sources, decision makers & plan/non-plan sources of funds
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Science
• Fluent in English
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
• A minimum of 10 years of experience preferably selling and/or marketing complex solutions and/or technical sales in the Water Treatment industry
• Strong external focus, with ability to assess customer value of performance, price, operating & maintenance costs, availability and operability
• Ability to effectively lead a sales team to meet and exceed operating targets and operate in a matrix organization
• Motivated self-starter with a demonstrated leadership style showing capabilities to accelerate change and work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Operate independently & deliver business results while demonstrating leadership through action.
• Proven analytical skill set and strategic mindset with strong competence in value proposition analysis and market maps
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Demonstrates a keen understanding of basic business operations and organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth
• Knowledge of general industry trends, competitor product and service offerings
• Finance experience
• Masters or other Advanced Degree
Locations: Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore; Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Manila