Customer Fulfillment & Engineering (CF&E) Leader - East Asia
- GE Power
- Posted 7/18/2017 4:52:21 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand; Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Bangkok
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
The successful candidate is responsible for supporting engineering and commercial activities for multi-unit process water, wastewater and process separation projects throughout the world. He/she is responsible for leading an interdisciplinary team of professionals executing projects from their initial bid phase through design, fabrication, construction, commissioning and final closeout.
The CF&E leader is responsible for leading an interdisciplinary team of professionals executing projects from their initial bid phase through design, fabrication, construction, commissioning and final closeout. The leader will work closely with the Sales and Engineering teams to develop conceptual flow sheet and costs for the project proposal. Once the project is won this person will drive optimization and consistency in approach to their execution team, ensuring any lessons learned are translated back to the bidding team.
This role will have broad decision making responsibilities for the business in the region as it relates to transactions that support our customers. Key metrics include hit and win rate, bookings, revenue and contribution margin, base cost, past dues, change orders, and quality metrics such as on time delivery, customer satisfaction and margin preservation (As-Sold versus As Delivered Margin). The key deliverables include:
• Allocate resources for projects to ensure that we meet customer expectations with respect to quality, on-time delivery, performance and price
• Responsible for project execution towards on-time, on-budget, accurate delivery of standard and custom engineering designs fulfilling project contractual requirements. Executing orders in the region with margin expansion including up-selling with change-orders, ensuring a crisp on-time completion and handover to services to position for future life-cycle business with the customer.
• Lead the Commercial Engineering team to deliver winning proposals through the Inquiry to Order (ITO) stage including scoping, risk analysis, scheduling and costing of projects and variations. Negotiate contracts on key transactions ensuring a ‘Speed to Yes’ mentality
• Lead a team of project engineers both internal and contracted to execute electrical/controls, mechanical/process design.
• Lead early project development by driving team to develop competitive, conceptual (technical and commercial) solutions for the client. Set clear actions and completion dates to drive projects to successful closure
• Evaluate business risk (performance, contractual, execution, etc.) and position the project to mitigate these items
• Own driving improved productivity, consistency, and accuracy of the work performed by this team. Own predictable quarterly P&L projections.
• Champion project/component reuse or drive standard designs into bid/fulfillment process. Drive project productivity ownership.
• Lead day to day execution & issue resolution within the region. Understand current processes, systems and products to grow day-to-day operating capabilities.
• Foster strategic alliances to allow Balance of Plant (BOP) scope alignments with preferred partners/suppliers
• Track and analyze key operations metrics and performance indicators such as: win/hit rates, volume, project performance, engineering productivity/utilization, composite-rate, ITR cycle-time. Own the orders and revenue/margin target
• Collaborate to implement simplification strategy. Develop and simplify processes, designs and implement systems or enhancements to current Inquiry to Remittance (ITR) processes.
• Lead the integration and sharing of best practices and standards across the EA CF&E teams and participate in regional engineering initiatives.
• Lead employee development of team across multiple technical domains/functions as well as developing future engineering leaders. Champion employee engagement.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or at least ten years in proposal, process, engineering or project management experience in water treatment industry.
• Team leadership and operational skills
• Working knowledge of membrane filtration technology
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are a requirement. Ability to interface with all levels of management.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to travel with project teams to customer sites.
• Fluent in English (written and verbal)
• Ability to drive a winning team approach and culture of simplification
• Previous experience with proposal and project execution in capital equipment and/or sales of water outsourcing contracts/systems would be beneficial.
• Strong analytical skills
• Technical Sales Experience
• Multi Lingual
• Training experience
• Knowledge of Financial terminology
• Understanding of current GE equipment portfolio and risk policies
• SAP PS skills
Locations: Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand; Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Bangkok