About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Senior Site Manager will lead projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business, and is a recognized expert in a specialized field. In this role you will be responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications as they relate to locomotive service contracts, manage complex technical issues, and contribute to the overall customer account strategy.
Essential Responsibilities: In addition you will: • Be responsible for site management a local locomotive service location • Drive Six Sigma quality strategy and integrate GE into the locomotive customer service site driving successes for both GE and customer initiatives
• Develop and implement a strategic business plan to respond to customer goals, for the full array of GE’s services and products
• Develop a site strategy and drive the successful delivery of all the work at the site utilizing Six Sigma Methodology and process
• Act as Project Manager for site outages, as needed
• Identify opportunities at the site to meet / exceed operational goals
• Be responsible for orders, sales, product delivery, collections, functional budgets, contract administration, and overall customer satisfaction for the site • Provide overall leadership in all areas of account activity with emphasis on identifying and developing account growth opportunities
• Facilitate incorporation of Six Sigma activities that help the utility achieve its operating plan • Be responsible for all aspects of management and optimization of the assigned maintenance contract • Be responsible for the execution of the project in terms of main contractual obligations including; timely delivery, quality, compliance with contract scope, and expected profitability of the project itself • Ensure that all work being delivered respects specific country regulations guarantying strong relations with local authorities
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university • Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering Project Management or leadership role
Desired Characteristics: • Corporate Leadership Program (CLP) graduate (for internal GE employees) • Level 1 Certified under the GE Locomotive Service Certification Program or equivalent Locomotive Service certification • Ability to interact, communicate, and influence change at all levels in the site organization • Willingness and ability to work in shop environment • Strong project management skills and successes in leading cross-functional teams • Strong quantitative and analytical skills • Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training • Contract negotiation and administration experience • Strong oral and written communication skills • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.