GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary: Do you have a passion for internal controls
? The Operational Controllership Analyst - Internal Controls
is a position on our newly established team and will perform internal controls testing and monitoring activities. Analysts will support GE’s annual SOX certification program by documenting and assessing key financial controls within the region. Essential Responsibilities:
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you detail oriented? As the Operational Controllership Analyst - Internal Controls, you will support the Operational Controllership Manager in ensuring compliance with the Company’s Internal Controls.
- Can you understand risk? You will assist in the risk-assessment of internal controls (risk-based approach to auditing).
- Do you have audit experience?
- You will conduct internal control audits and ongoing reviews (monitoring activities) to ensure that SOX 404 requirements are maintained;
- You will perform walkthroughs of business cycles and assess the effectiveness of the processes and controls (Tests of Design);
- You will execute testing for various business processes and headquarter level activity in accordance with defined test attributes and guidance (Tests of Effectiveness)
- You will monitor, follow up on the status of corrective action plans, and test the remediation of identified deficiencies;
- You will complete impact analyses for identified deficiencies and formulate recommendations to mitigate identified deficiencies and improve control environment;
- Can you share the big picture? You will prepare reports of findings, recommend improvements in internal controls, policies and procedures, following up on recommendations as necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid work experience in external/internal audit and/or accounting
- Skilled in identifying risks & controls and developing audit tests of controls
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills with orientation toward process improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
Desired skills and experience:
- Understanding of the COSO framework, SOX, FCPA, internal controls and test plan development
- External certification studies in progress: ACCA, CPA, CIA, CIMA, CISA
- Public accounting experience
- Multinational experience
- SAP / Oracle experience