Location(s): United States ; Florida; West Melbourne
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit About Us – Job 14 Wednesday, December 07, 2016 still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently. Breaks down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks. Works independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
Essential Responsibilities: In Addition, you will:
• Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
• Comfortable performing manual test cases and executing automated test scripts
• Familiarity with automated test tools (such as Selenium, Protractor, UFT)
• Experience authoring automated test cases-- or a strong desire to learn
• Familiarity with scripting languages (such as bash, powershell, cmd)
• Demonstrates increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
• Applies various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
• Takes ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Begins to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
• Collaborates with Quality Leaders in creating test plans. Implements and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff. Implements system-level integration testing
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the industry
Desired Characteristics: • Experience testing in a Unix/linux environment
• Experience with enterprise system concepts such as security, authentication, networking
• Experience with high availability concepts such as load balancing, clustering, data replication
• Experience with scalable architectures and performance testing/engineering
Locations: United States ; Florida; West Melbourne
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.