Engineer 1 - Mechanical Component
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:20:59 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Poland; Kraków
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver
electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital
power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our dataleveraging
software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more
affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Main purpose of this role is to support AQCS Engineering Centre in Kraków (Power Services business) with preparation of mechanical and civil engineering details for acquisition, as well as execution phase of business opearion.
Work Location: Kraków
• Preparation of technical data (mechanical and civil engineering part) for commercial offers of environmental protection equipment (electrostatic precipitators, fabric filters, ash transportation systems, flue gas desulphurization systems, etc.).
• Mechanical and civil engineering parts’ design of environmental protection equipment.
• Inspections / assessments of environmental protection equipment.
• Coordination of sub-contractors’ mechanical and civil engineering parts’ design activities.
• Provides on-time delivery of mechanical and civil engineering systems’ technical documentation in accordance with project requirements, including:
o Basic and detail documentation;
o Equipment specifications;
o Technical documentation for Procurement Department (i.e. general technical specification, equipment specifications, and other technical requirements);
o Layout drawings;
o Input data for the projects’ execution time schedule;
o Technical clarifications with the Clients;
o Projects Reviews participation;
o „As-built” documentation;
• Technical support during projects acquisition and execution.
• Supervising of steel prefabrication process.
• Supervising erection works on sites and participation in commissioning phase
• Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Civil Engineering (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
• Knowledge and understanding of engineering tools in the aspects related to the mechanical and civil engineering parts’ design, especially in environmental protection equipment.
• Knowledge of mechanical and civil engineering norms and standards (Poland and EU).
• Knowledge and understanding of long-term operational effects of environmental protection equipment.
• Basic knowledge of combustion gases’ flue-dynamic processes in relation to environmental protection equipment (CFD modeling skills would be appreciated).
• Experience in civil engineering - professional Civil Engineering License would be appreciated
• Ability to work in Microsoft Office environment and experience in work with CAD design tools (Autocad and TEKLA preferred).
• Ability to work in a global environment, good command of both spoken and written English.
• Ability to travel as needed
Locations: Poland; Kraków