Location(s): United States ; Alabama, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia
About Us: What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
GE Healthcare Life Sciencesprovides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: This role is responsible to spearhead strategy, execution and hold primary budget accountability (~$66m) for the Lab Filtration Portfolio, including the Custom business. This role will work closely with Zone field leadership teams for Sales Specialist & Account Management to drive Consumables in field engagement activities. Holds primary ownership for execution for our Applied Markets Strategy to grow business in industrial & non-traditional markets for both the catalog and custom business.
Essential Responsibilities: • Field accountability for both the Custom Business Development Team as well as the Lab Filtration Applied Markets Teams to select, train, support and develop personnel to optimize performance.
• Develop and implement sales strategies both direct and with channel teams to drive organic growth across catalog and custom Lab Filtration portfolio.
• Cultivating and leveraging customer relationships at the executive level.
• Develop long-term customer relationships through the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that meet customer needs.
• As a member of senior leadership team ensure seamless teamwork with Consumables, Hyclone, field marketing, channel and field Zone team leaders.
• Deploying teams to meet revenue and growth objectives through programs to support key markets and new business generation while managing base costs.
• Manage a team of 5-8 direct reports and 6-8 dotted line field sales specialists.
• Ensure all direct reports have the tools to be successful and are working actively to meet expectations in Priorities, Budgets, Sales CRM use and training benchmarks.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree.
• Progressive experience in various commercial roles, including individual contributor & 5-10 years of sales management.
• Demonstrated success in leading teams to meet or exceed plan across multiple years.
• Demonstrated experience in development and execution of commercial strategies resulting in aggressive growth.
• Commercial sales or management experience in non-Life Science markets.
• Strong Communication skills both written and verbal.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively (50%+); some overnight travel required.
Desired Characteristics: • Master's or advanced educational achievement.
• Supply Agreement and contracting experience.
• Experience in designing and implementing training programs.
• Experience driving adoption & engagement with Salesforce.com, as well as its use for Commercial forecasting.
• Prior experience with “custom” product sales or management.
Locations: United States ; Alabama, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.