Location(s): United States ; Pennsylvania, Texas; Erie, Fort Worth
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Engineering Manager will lead the Surface Mining Rotating Mechanical Systems team that is responsible for the design, reliability, and productivity of transmission, traction motor, alternator, and blower systems.
Essential Responsibilities: In addition, you will:
• Provide technical leadership for a team of engineers for all product design aspects of the Surface Mining Rotating Mechanical Systems Team
• Interface with systems engineering team to tradeoff high level system concepts
• Assure all component designs meet requirements
• Support and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as manufacturing, sourcing, services, and global engineering
• Support service programs, fulfillment, and New Product Introduction (NPI)
• Provide strong guidance and contribute to design, cost, and reliability projects
• Communicate progress to all levels of the organization
• Mentor and develop less experienced personnel
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physics
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in an Engineering position
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with large rotating equipment
Desired Characteristics: • Broad knowledge in rotating equipment system design and trade offs
• Expertise in design and validation of gears, bearings, traction motors, and alternators
• Master’s Degree in Engineering
• Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification or other equivalent quality certification
• Strong mechanical design and analytical background
• Familiarity with manufacturing processes
• Ability to drive projects to completion
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
Locations: United States ; Pennsylvania, Texas; Erie, Fort Worth
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.