About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Amid growing electricity demand, rising fuel costs, and climate change concerns, GE Renewable Energy is focused on providing wind, hydro and innovative power solutions for customers around the globe. At GE, product evolution is at our core, and we are continuously working to develop the next generation of wind energy. Beginning in 2002 with one wind turbine model, we now offer a full suite of turbines created for a variety of wind environments.
Present in India since 1902, GE works to innovate, partner and develop technology solutions in energy, healthcare, infrastructure and financial services that improve the quality of life in the country With around 6000 engineers, GE's research centers in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Chennai are developing new technologies for both India and the world while the 13 local manufacturing and service facilities bring products, services and technologies closer to the customers. GE in India has partnered with a number of Indian companies to develop localized solutions, meeting the needs of the country. Committed to social development across the world, GE in India is closely engaged with local communities on social and environmental issues. For more information visit us at https://renewables.gepower.com/about-us.html
Role Summary: The Project Engineer acts as the primary technical interface of the Engineering function with Commercial Operations, Application Engineering, Compliance/Certification, Sales, Component teams in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Project Management and Projects and Services teams for the Order-to-Remittance (OTR) process with focus on SCADA configuration for Wind Turbines
Essential Responsibilities: - Engineering fulfillment of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), WindCONTROL, wind turbine controls & electrical scope including: - Translating contractual/project requirements into SCADA product definition
- Creating project specific customer & commissioning documentation
- Configure software & control parameters per site requirements
- Provide technical interface with Project Management, Service and Manufacturing/Sourcing throughout the OTR life cycle.
- Be responsible for technical clarification & presentation to customer, technical risk assessment to support Project Manager and Sourcing.
- Actively communicate all contract and project requirements to Engineering Design functions, utilizing internal documentation systems
- Create Engineering Change Orders (ECRs), identify and schedule resources and provide Turbine Unit BoMs
- Hands-on experience in Configuring SCADA systems for products preferably Wind turbines
- Own the standard OTR tasks including Bill of Materials (BoM) fulfillment, Design to Order (DTO) execution, manufacturing/sourcing support, project document preparation, customer technical meeting participation.
- Align the Inquiry to Order (ITO) customer wants with OTR pre-engineered capabilities and offerings leveraging the Design-to-Order (DTO) process and personal interactions with Component Centers of Excellence (COEs)
- Respond to technical inquiries from Customer and review customer specifications for assigned projects.
- Support installation and commissioning of assigned projects
- Support the improvement of existing processes and creation of new processes as needed.
- Manage workload effectively and complete assigned tasks on time
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Mechanical / Civil / Electrical / Aerospace Engineering or Equivalent
• At least 5 years of relevant Engineering Experience with minimum 3 years in Wind Engineering
• Proficiency with SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking and controls software • Experience with TCP/IP network over fiber optic, wireless, and microwave infrastructure • Demonstrated project / technical management skills involving Cross-functional interaction
• Good systems thinking, technical knowledge and product understanding
• Strong problem-solving mindset and creativity
• Affluent communication skills in English – Verbal & Written
• Good Interpersonal communication skills to work in a global team framework.
Desired Characteristics: • Product knowledge and understanding of Wind turbines
• Passion for Electrical, Electronics and Communication Systems of Industrial systems, preferably Wind Turbines
• Good understanding of Wind turbine control systems and communication schemes
• Self-motivated candidate with positive attitude
• Excellent team player and willingness to step out of comfort zone and deliver on business priorities
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.