About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: In this role you will utilize conceptual thinking and leverage a team of experts to quickly determine applicability of GE software and remote technology solutions to solving various power generation customer related issues.
Essential Responsibilities: • Preparing non-CM&U, Digital, Cyber, and Remote Services-based technical proposals (including research, defining technical scope, defining expected outcomes, linking solutions to customer KPIs, and summarizing expected costs),
• Supporting New Unit, MYA, oOEM (other OEM), aftermarket, and PoC (Proof of Concept) opportunities
• Supporting regional and Power Digital business deliverables, and engaging in the generation of solutions using software, remote services, and cyber security.
• Working closely with sales, solution architects, subject matter experts, and commercial operations on timely delivery and turnaround of technical proposal scope
• Tracking opportunity status
• Revising proposals as necessary
• Assuring all opportunities follow defined processes
• Generating cost estimates for proposed solutions
• Supporting regional commercial operations on converting the technical proposal into a ‘ready to deliver’ commercial proposal
• Generate technical proposals for the GE Power Digital suite of products and services, including but not limited to: Asset Performance Management (APM), Operations Optimization (OO), Business Optimization (BO), Generation Monitoring & Optimization Center (GMOC) and Cyber Security Hardware Solutions.
• Collaborate with other GE business units on technical proposals that include GE Digital and/or Software COE solutions.
• Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
• Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with proposed technical solutions.
• Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
• Coordinate with customers, GE regional and software sales teams, software operations support team, and key Power Generation Services organizations to ensure the software solution is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards, and established quoting limits.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and/or conferences.
• Promote and contribute to business initiatives (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.).
• Review and own proposal related metrics.
• Collaborate on Sourcebook Articles/Technical Proposal Templates.
• Ability to work within a short cycle, occasionally high-pressure environment.
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours as required.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a commercial, engineering, or technical sales function associated with power generation product or industry knowledge.
• Bilingual Technical proposal compiling and drafting and oral communication with global team.
• Computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project).
• Ability to travel 20%.
Desired Characteristics: • Experience using SFDC (Salesforce) and Big Machines
• Extensive background with GE PGS product line
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
• Proven track record for delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
• Strong customer focus mindset and willingness to meet tight deadlines • Six Sigma Green Belt certification (GE employees only)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.