CDI - Account Payable / Receivable Specialist H/F
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 1/22/2017 9:05:39 AM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations EUR & RCIS
Location(s): France; Belfort
GE is looking for finance and accounting professionals across Europe to take up a unique opportunity to join our Global Operations Accounting Shared Service Centre in Belfort, France.
With our new centralised Global Operations Centre, we plan to create 1,000 new jobs in France by 2017. On top of this, our Belfort base enables us to constantly challenge and improve processes and performance. This will make GE simpler, faster and better, allowing our businesses to be more customer-focused. If you join now, you can be a part of our digital revolution, a journey to reduce downtime, improve productivity, drive culture change, and execute new business models. As a part of this, you’ll be part of the team managing the accounting of GE businesses across Europe that are inventing the future of flight, powering centres of global economy, revolutionising the way the world thinks about energy, and much more.
GE is looking for an Account Receivable/Payable Specialist for its financial shared services team. Essential Responsibilities:
As Supplier Accountant, you will be part of a team in charge of providing accounting services to the legal entity operated by GE affiliates across a growing number of countries in Europe. On top of this, you will be mainly responsible for processing internal and external supplier invoices and liaising with operational to solve issues with invoices. You will be also expected to timely reconcile and review all related accounts.
In summary, your main responsibilities will be:
• Validating external and internal supplier and customer invoices, as well as preparing commercial and non-commercial billing
• Preparing timely reconciliation and review of all related accounts
• Ensuring inter-company reconciliations and managing cash-applications for non-sensitive customers
• Owning communication and reconciliation of outstanding balances with external suppliers
• Acting as the contact person for business operational team in terms of resolving any complex issues with invoices and payments
• Working closely with business stakeholders on processing exceptional items
• Initiating process improvements and participating in accounting initiatives
You are a qualified supplier accountant with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in accounting or finance with experience in a similar role. A high school diploma with experience in an accounting role will also be accepted. You have very strong English skills (written and verbal fluency) and a good understanding of accounting practices, as well as being proficient in MS Office. Finally, you have good communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. Knowledge of SAP would be beneficial as would fluency or basic competencies in an additional European language (other than English).
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN FRANCE - RELOCATION TO FRANCE MANDATORY
PLEASE APPLY IN ENGLISH
GE Careers Technical Assistance
Having technical issues with ge.com/careers or your application? We're here to help.
Get In Touch
Connect With Us
Stay up to date on GE and possible opportunities that open in areas that interest you.