Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): India ; Bangalore
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Kronos Payroll Data operations Engineer will serve as a technical expert responsible for the execution, administration and upgrades of Kronos payroll process. This role will require the candidate to leverage his/her hands-on experience to execute the payroll process which has database batch jobs, autosys job schedulings, coordination with payroll admins
Essential Responsibilities: * Effectively engage with global teams and experts to execute and administer the Kronos payroll process.
* Serve as technical expert responsible for the scheduling, execution and managing the exceptions in the payroll process
* Be responsible for coding, testing, documentation and implementation for the technical enhancements in payroll process
* Review and repair legacy code
* Manage code quality standards definition and enforcement and continuous integration policies/practices.
* Be responsible for producing technical documentation in support of software solutions developed
* Diagnose/Solve various problems in production/test/development environment in a fast-paced environment
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications/Requirements: 1) Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering
2) Minimum 3 - 4 years of experience with SQL (stored procedures, functions, triggers etc) programming in MS SQL database 3) Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience with owning processes and executing process operations 4) Minimum 1 - 2 years of experience with Autosys Administration 5) Minimum 1 - 2 years of experience with Windows scripting, batch processing administration and development 6) Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
7) Exposure working with Global clients, coordinate with different groups in case of dependency failures.
8) Experience working in an agile software development environment
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.